1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hello, my name is Tandya. I’m a LA-based fashion and lifestyle blogger at @simplytandya and simplytandya.com.
2. Where’s your favorite hangout in your city?
I love going to little coffee and tea shops around the city. My favorites are Carrera Cafe, Alfred Coffee, and Alfred Tea.
3. Why did you decide to kickstart a career in blogging?
I have always had a passion for fashion, and I wanted a place where I can document my outfits and inspiration. I started posting my outfits on Tumblr and Twitter, then finally extended the posting to Instagram and my blog.
4. Did a double major in Business Management and Supply Chain Management affect your decision to pursue this career in any way?
I think my double major has definitely helped me with furthering my blogging career. In a way, my blog is my business and school has definitely helped me with many aspects, including marketing, professionalism and even finance.
5. What is the best fashion advice you have ever received and who gave it to you?
The best fashion advice that I have received was from my mom, and that is to always be myself.
6. Is there a certain style you wish to identify with?
I think my style is more edgy. I tend to gravitate towards darker colors and a good leather jacket.
7. What are your fashion pet peeves and why?
One of my biggest fashion pet peeves is faux designer apparel and accessories. Counterfeit pieces copy the hard work of designers and sell them for a lower price, with cheaper quality.
8. What has been the biggest challenge thus far in your career?
The biggest challenge I have faced thus far was definitely my first photoshoot with a brand. Modelling and blogging are actually very different, and with a full production team on set, I definitely felt out of place. It was a great learning experience though!
9. What advice would you give to the people who wish to pursue fashion blogging?
I would give them the same advice that my mom gave me, just be yourself and the rest will follow. There are so many people in this world but only one you.