Though black does wonders to create that slim silhouette and is appropriate for almost every occassion, it can work against your favour regardless of your age. As our skin gets paler as we age, we should avoid creating a harsh contrast that highlights wrinkles and emphasise on the dark shadows around the eyes and under the chin. So find out the colours you should add to your wardrobe. Not only will you look your age, you’ll look better than your peers and colleagues! Trust me on this:
You’re young and vibrant and your closet should reflect that!
- Add pink and coral hues into your ensemble to channel that delightful energy. Incorporate pink or coral blush shades into your makeup collection too.
- Inject more leather and lace–the definitive fun textures for the 20s. The added dimension to your outfit will definitely work in your favour as you pair it with contrasting accessories of sheen or shine.
- Go little or big with playful prints. Go small with animal print shoes or try a fitted jacket and printed dress that express your youth and style.
Being in your 30s does not mean you stop having fun. Here’s what you can add to your corporate outfit.
- Add a pop of colour to lend some “youth” to your outfit. Be it a bright scarf or a statement necklace, that vibrant contrast will definitely lend depth and up your style quotient!
- Go for jewel tones. While this colour group flatters most women, use it to your advantage with more shift dresses in your favourite hues or a timepiece in a jewel tone to reflect your status.
- Shop for earthy neutrals, such as cocoa, olive, camel or grey. These add subtle contrasts that will make your outfit the talk of the day. Achieve instant style envy!
You know what you want, and you know how to get it. Age gracefully with these few tips:
- Try high-contrast patterns in dresses, handbags, small leather goods or even scarves. A little goes a long way to add interesting depth to your outfit.
- Classic does it; black and white outfits do not have to be boring around you. Play with proportions and make it work.
- Colour block with turquoise and brown. Achieve the natural palette with turquoise or brown and make your minimalist wardrobe work wonders for you.
“Aging is not ‘lost youth’ but a new stage of opportunity and strength.”
– Betty Friedan
I won’t be surprised if you start receiving compliments about your “new” look. They might think it is a new skincare regime or a new hairstyle; share these tips with your colleagues and friends and look absolutely stylish, together.